top of page

Renters Insurance

Renters Insurance: Text
Modern Apartment Block
Renters Insurance: Welcome
Renters Insurance: Text
Renters Insurance: Text

Your landlord's insurance policy will not protect your personal belongings in the event of a claim.

If you’re not using an Independent Insurance Agency like Crosswinds Insurance Agency, it can be hard, if not impossible to tell the difference between two renters insurance policies.

Renters insurance policies differ by which losses are covered and which coverages you choose. You choose which policy is best for you, whether it’s a comprehensive policy that cover losses such as fire, hail, smoke, falling objects, vandalism and theft of personal property, or whether it’s a policy that covers only specified losses.

Common Renters Insurance Coverages

These are some common coverages you typically see on a renters insurance policy:

  • Personal Property — this covers all of your personal belongings like clothing, furniture, electronics, and appliances. Basically anything that would fall out of your house if you turned it upside down and shook out the contents.

  • Loss of Use — this covers your living expenses if you need to live somewhere else temporarily because your primary home is uninhabitable due to a loss.

  • Medical Expense —this covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property, and in certain cases covers people who are injured off of your property. It does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.

  • Family/Personal Liability — Personal Liability Coverage applies if someone is injured or their property is damaged and you are to blame. The coverage generally applies anywhere in the world. When choosing your liability coverage limits, consider things like how much money you make and the assets you own. Your personal liability coverage should be high enough to protect your assets if you are sued. In some situations, an Umbrella policy may be necessary to provide extra coverage.

  • Building additions & alterations.  Pays for covered damages to additions, alterations, fixtures, improvements or installations that you make to your home.

  • Water & sewer backup. Coverage for “overflows” of water from sewers (like out of toilet bowls) and “backups” from drains (like floor drains and sinks). 

Renters Insurance: FAQ

Renters Insurance Fort Mill. Renters Insurance Charlotte.  Renters Insurance Indian Land.  Renters Insurance Tega Cay.  Renters Insurance Clover.  Renters Insurance Rock Hill.  Renters Insurance Lancaster.  Renters Insurance Waxhaw.  Renters Insurance Weddington.  Renters Insurance Indian Trail.  Renters Insurance Gastonia.  Renters Insurance Shelby.  Renters Insurance Lake Wylie.  Renters Insurance Huntersville.  Renters Insurance Mooresville.  Renters Insurance Lake Wylie.  Renters Insurance Lake Norman.  Renters Insurance Cornelius.  Renters Insurance Denver.  Renters Insurance Matthews.  Renters Insurance Mint Hill.  Renters Insurance Wesley Chapel.  Renters Insurance Belmont.  Renters Insurance Lowell.  Renters Insurance Dilworth.  Renters Insurance Southpark.  Renter Insurance Fort Mill. Renter Insurance Charlotte.  Renter Insurance Indian Land.  Renter Insurance Tega Cay.  Renter Insurance Clover.  Renter Insurance Rock Hill.  Renter Insurance Lancaster.  Renter Insurance Waxhaw.  Renter Insurance Weddington.  Renter Insurance Indian Trail.  Renter Insurance Gastonia.  Renter Insurance Shelby.  Renter Insurance Lake Wylie.  Renter Insurance Huntersville.  Renter Insurance Mooresville.  Renter Insurance Lake Wylie.  Renter Insurance Lake Norman.  Renter Insurance Cornelius.  Renter Insurance Denver.  Renter Insurance Matthews.  Renter Insurance Mint Hill.  Renter Insurance Wesley Chapel.  Renter Insurance Belmont.  Renter Insurance Lowell.  Renter Insurance Dilworth.  Renter Insurance Southpark. 

Renters Insurance: CV
bottom of page